Sunday 26 April 2015

Horus Heresy - Shattered Legion - Paint In Progress #2

So I think I'm about three weeks into painting these guys and I've finally hit the slow bit. I've also broken the painting down into more manageable chunks of five, starting with the first half of the Tactical squad.

It has also been a bit of a slow week hobby wise but there has been some small progress made. Primarily this has been edge work to the armour panels, followed by the glazes and then a touch up of the lightest highlight.

The black on the shoulder pads has also been tidied up and a glaze added. I am not going for a strong contrast here, just something that helps emphasise the natural light on the higher surfaces.

Finally for this week I have finished up the gold on the first five.

All colours so far have been painted as per the salamanders scheme post from a few weeks back.

Sergeant & Legionnaire
Legionnaires
With Iron Hand 'Test' Legionnaire
First Five of the Tactical Squad
From here I am now moving onto the colours that I have yet set on a scheme for (metal not withstanding) so it looks like a week of experimentation ahead.


0 comments:

Post a Comment