Tuesday 13 August 2013

Sedition Wars

I'm very good at not finding time to paint, often finding easy excuses to go off and do something else (often just sitting at my computer gazing at random crap...), so to be able to show off more than one model in a post is a miraculous feat in itself... Today's offering will be showing off the progress on the Vanguard models from Sedition Wars, following on from the Kara teaser from the last post.

I went in on the Kickstarter for 2x Biohazard, which has yielded an awful lot of models, approximately 200 (not including the extras I also purchased). To tackle all of them at once would be plain daft (I'd be bored inside of a week) so my focus was to get one set of the game miniatures to a good tabletop standard for use in general gaming. After this I figure I'll spend some time playing with a few of the spares before painting up a 'nice' set.

A while back I also posted a shot of a red Vanguard trooper, this has now fallen by the wayside, and I have maintained the standard off-white scheme that they are displayed in on the box. I'll revisit the red, along with a black and a blue scheme sometime in the future (maybe...)

 Group shot of Vanguard Troops so far 

Kara Black 

Akosha Nama

Akosha still has a way to go yet, and Kara needs a little bit of work still to finish off the sword. The troopers, aside from identification marks, are done. I've aimed for a good solid table top standard, and feel that I have achieved that for the most part.

As a reward to myself, and because I was lucky enough to get my hands on a resin cast of her, I've decided to tackle my very first Studio McVey resin in the form of Phaedrus Chirgeon. Expect slow slow progress on this one...

Phaedrus Chirgeon


Coming soon... A "finished" Trollslayer! Honest...





5 comments:

  1. After getting over my shock of an actual update appearing (finally) I like what I see. The white/grey scheme on the Vanguard turned out very nice and the orange visors give a nice contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Multiple painted models in a single post.......this is obviously a photoshop job...;-)

    The vanguard are looking very nice, is that other mcvey model a sedition wars themed one? Or does it just happen to look like a strain.

    Now all you need to do is paint up the rest of the set in time for the next meet up........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Phaedrus model is Sedition Wars themed. It's rumoured to be from the Arms of Sorrow game they'll be doing. So limited resin casts were made and I managed to get my hands on one...

      As for the rest of the set, I'm hoping to have all the Vanguard done in time, somebody else will need to provide the Strain... not that I'm hinting ;)

      Delete
    2. Oddly enough I have been painting some vanguard having finally settled on a scheme. I'm sure I can squeeze painting some strain in too though ;-)

      Delete
    3. Oddly enough I have been painting some vanguard having finally settled on a scheme. I'm sure I can squeeze painting some strain in too though ;-)

      Delete