Wednesday 24 April 2013

Work in Progress #2...

So another month has passed and once again it's been a little bit paint-lite. Still I managed to sneak in a weekend up in Nottingham with Rictus and Maelstrom, sampling the delights of Warhammer World, Forgeworld Open Day,Maunsfield Gaming (for approximately 2 minutes) and a reasonably passable Toby Carvery attached to the Travelodge we stayed in.

Needless to say no trip to Warhammer World is complete without the purchase of several miniatures that you never intended on buying, in this case a pretty reasonable haul of:

  • 2 of each Forgeworld Open Day Event Only model
  • 2 boxes of Fenrisian Wolves
  • 1 Forgeworld Dwarf Command Set
  • Lelith Hesperax in Finecast
  • Multiple Paints, mostly purples.
It's from this collection that this months Work In Progress comes from (I appreciate here that I am sort of implying that from here on out everything shown will be a work in progress... kinda true really, as it appears I have about 30 unfinished models on my desk at this particular moment)...

But I digress, and therefore back to the topic in hand. With Warhammer Quest a firm staple of our little gaming group, the Dwarf Command set from Forgeworld offers me the perfect set to paint up both a Dwarf Warrior and Trollslayer (although to complicate matters I'd previously agreed that the Champion model was for a mate...)

So starting with the Trollslayer:



I've gone for a nice dark orange for the hair to contrast with the large areas of flesh. Green scales for the armour pieces, which are currently the most WIP area going. If I'm feeling brave tattoos will be attempted. He'll be mounted on a 25mm resin base (cast by Rictus and made by Maelstrom) which I'll 'pretty up' in some suitable manner (thinking rubble and skulls at this point).

The plan is to go to town on individual heroes whilst maintaining a pretty basic level on all the monsters, otherwise I'll never get anything done, least of all finish the 12 Night Goblins* and 3 Squigs that featured in last months post!

....

* The blog might only show 6, but there are 12 on my desk 'onest...

4 comments:

  1. An update?

    Who are you and what have you done with Nife?

    Whomever you may be the Slayer is looking good. Face is (naturally) looking very nice and the hair is suitably styled...and don't be a pussy, do tattoos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Dwarf is looking mighty fine. Like Rictus, the face and hair both look great. And yes, tattoos would be a worthy addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An update....... I'm in shock who knows you might even finish some models in time for the next meet up :P

    He is looking great so far especially the skin, I echo the others in that tattoos must be done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, I really like the hair colour and the fleshtones. Heck I quite like the model now I've seen some paint on it!

    ReplyDelete