Sunday 16 November 2014

Mars Attacks - Martians WIP #1

Last weekend myself, Rictus & Maelstrom had one of our periodical meet ups, hence the lack of update. I can't even brag about any of the games from last weekend as, on average I performed quite quite poorly (edging out Maelstrom in performance by the tiniest of margins).

Mars Attacks turned up this week (a rather large pledge from Mantic's kickstarter) and once I had spent an evening sorting through things it seemed only right to get on with the act of painting up some of the Martians to see how well they do, in fact, paint up.

Surprisingly well it turns out. Sure they aren't as detailed as some other gaming miniatures, but then at the scale and price point they are remarkably well done still. Mars Attacks is clearly aimed at the casual gamer as much as anything else, so these miniatures were never going to be the cream of the crop. But they are detailed and fun to paint, their simplicity making painting a simple and relaxing experience.

An experience totally undone by my inability to get good photos earlier in the day, which left me raging expletives at myself for the best part of an afternoon (it also put paid to a nice little 'tutorial' post I wanted to do).

I'll at least put up the colours I used in the next post on these guys, in the meantime here is a couple of WIP shots. This is pretty much the standard I plan to aim for at first pass - I may well revisit later on down the line to touch up the highlights, but not until I have a few more Mars Attacks models under my belt.



0 comments:

Post a Comment