Thursday 18 February 2016

Heresy Era - Space Wolves - Dreadnought - Paint #2

Back onto the Dreadnought this week and whilst he is still very much a work in progress this is probably where I'll leave him for now as time constraints mean I need to move onto the next part of the army.

Obviously I've added the arms onto the torso. The fit is tight enough that I can use the model without having glued the arms on yet (which is great as I can continue to play over the months and remove the arms for further painting.)

The sarcophagus plate has been added on and highlighted up to draw attention to area but also so I can check that the overall look is what I wanted.

A lot of effort has gone into the axe so far as it is a large part of the character of the model. The gems have been painted up and now only need a bit of gloss and a dot of white to give them a gem like finish. Unfortunately all my photos of the axe didn't come out so well so below is a side on view which is the best one that came out.

Wolf Guard pack markings were added to the leg to break up the grey.

There is still a lot to do and since these photos I've already picked him up a couple of times to tinker with. But I have to move onto the next 350pts for now. Expect me to revisit him (and the other Space Wolf models so far) over the coming months.

Venerable Dread - WIP Front View
Venerable Dreadnought - Axe Close Up

0 comments:

Post a Comment