Wednesday 1 July 2015

Deadzone - Battlezones #2

Things have been a bit quiet here recently; as mentioned previously holidays and real life have kept me from painting much. I've now added buying a house to the mix so things may well be a bit intermittent for the next few months, although I will try my best to stay regular.

Last weekend was another meet up with Rictus and Maelstrom, as such I managed absolutely zero painting. I did however spend a good few evenings putting together some of the Mantic Battlezone scenery for the few games of Deadzone we played over the weekend.

The modular nature of the scenery makes it quite puzzle like in assembling, and the nature of the clips mean that after an hour or so you are likely to have sore thumbs, but the end result is definitely worth it.

I'm not actually sure how many packs of scenery I own; most of it comes from funds allocated when I did the Mars Attacks Kickstarter, but I have since bought quite a few spare ruin sprues, the Contagion set and at least one other large terrain box (the sci-fi ruined sector I think). It is worth saying that there were still a lot of parts unused (mostly from the bunker set as it didn't fit the aesthetic I was going for).

Below are some shots some of the individual pieces.




Finally here are a few shots of the battlefield itself. All of this was held together using just the clips, at this stage I haven't used any glue.





2 comments:

  1. While I wasn't that big a fan of the small set of deadzone terrain I got with my original kickstarter purchase, I have to admit seeing a full table covered with all different sets very much looks the part! Thanks for posting.
    I wonder how well the different parts clip together when painted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment.

      Speculating, as I haven't painted any of the terrain - I'd imagine that they'd still clip together well enough, so long as the holes/pegs were kept clear of paint. That being said, I can also see the paintwork getting chipped as pegs were plugged in or poked out.

      Delete