Sunday 21 December 2014

Deadzone - Plague Stage 1 & 2 - WIP #2

I managed to contract some form of stomach bug last Sunday, so what little time that wasn't spent in bed was filled with otherwise essential functions that meant I couldn't manage to put up a blog post (or do much of anything else for that matter).

In the last week or so I have been working more on the Deadzone Plague, adding more depth to the armour plates on the Stage 1A and Stage 2 models, blending the armour into the flesh tones and starting to add detail to the faces. Still a lot to do but they are starting to really come together now.

This was achieved by thinning various mixes of Khorne Red, Naggaroth Night, Rhinox Hide and Rakarth Flesh and then painting this into the recesses.

I also used this mix as a glaze for the purple flesh areas, using various different glazes in between smaller edge highlights of Rakarth Flesh.

Below are two shots of  the 1A. The 2A's look pretty much the same so I didn't feel it necessary to add up an WIP's bar the shot of the 2A leaping over the barricade. This was added to show the drybrushing done to the bottom of the barricade. This was done as I was doing the highlights on the base using my standard basing mix.



0 comments:

Post a Comment