Sunday 1 June 2014

Horus Lupercal - WIP #1

Been a bit of a quiet one painting wise this week, spent the weekend in Cornwall visiting the girlfriends family, met up with Rictus for a nose round some bio-domes and generally managing to do anything but painting.

Luckily I had begun painting the Horus model that I picked up at Forge Worlds Open Day last week. In true 'Nife' fashion I started with the face (which if you believe what both Rictus and Maelstrom say will be the only part of the model I do). Pictures of which you can see below.

Once again I found myself without a decent camera, so once again I turned to my trusty mobile...




This is still very much a Work In Progress, as I plan to take a lot of time painting him, just to see if I can stretch my skills (and patience) further than they currently are.

The face is painted with a mix of GW and Scalecolour paints (mostly GW).

6 comments:

  1. Maelstrom and Rictus are right but also you will have repainted it several times before you get fedup :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's exactly the way it'll be. Go me! ;)

      Delete
  2. Rictus was trying to engineer a painting comp between the two of us for this model, but I think its only fair I give you a 6 month headstart, not that I could compete quality wise, that skintone is exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha yeah he did mention that. Give me a whole year and I'll bet you still have a brilliant Horus done before I have this one done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you see I did say you would finish his face and 1 finger by next year ;)

    Also if you and Sheep do have a paint off I'm happy to be an impartial judge however I do take bribes like the next best Fifa official............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I only need do a second finger to beat that prediction huh?! Marvellous!!

      Delete