Sunday 19 October 2014

Dark Eldar - Urien Rakarth - WIP #2

Continuing on from last week, I've added some depth to the face and started work on the worms and vials. Not really much more to report this week as I'm only really building on last weeks progress.

I have been playing with using the glazes to get a nice transition to the worms, something I think that could use some experimentation in other areas, such as maybe making some nice smooth blends.

I am using some of the colour guides from the Painting Guide now, as I do think they provide a good basis for getting some nice tones.



I may also redo the red area on Rakarth as I've been tinkering with the red on some spare parts and think I have come up with a slightly better way to highlight it (mixing in Cadian Fleshtone with the Pure Red instead of using Lava Orange). I am testing the tone on some more Kalabites, as well as a Raider so I should have something along those lines to show off fairly soon I should think.

2 comments:

  1. I must say that I think this guy is one of the best models you have painted. The skin tones are perfect and the whole scheme works together really well.

    If you think about stripping it and starting again I may just have to find some way to ban you from kickstarter!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate.

      No worries there, this is already my third attempt at painting him so all good

      Delete