Sunday 23 March 2014

Deadzone - Plague - WIP #4

More Plague again this week. Heaven forbid I might actually finish some models for once! That being said, I have spent most of today working on Eldar and some Deadzone Equipment Crates for a change of scene.

Nevertheless, the Stage 3A Plague are all but done now, with just a few little details left to go (predominately, eye's, nails and some blood splatter).

So one final WIP for these guys and then onto the remaining Stage 3B, Stage 2 & Stage 1.

 Stage 3A 'General'
 
 Stage 3A with HMG
 
 

Stage 3A Troops
 
 
With the above nearing completion I've spent a bit of time prepping the next two models, the Stage 3B Plague Hounds. I started with the same base coat mix for the flesh, then applied the same ink coat. On top of this I've glazed a bit of brown and black. At the moment I'm sort of just playing with the tones to find something that feels a bit more hound-like whilst retaining the Plague appearance.
 
Stage 3B Plague Hounds

Finally I spent an evening this week doing a test for the Deadzone scenery. One of the Stage 2 is posed leaping over a barricade, and I figured this was an ideal test for trying out a colour scheme.

I used a basecoat of Vallejo Model Air (VMA) Dark Blue Grey. This was given a wash of thinned GW Abbadon Black. Over this I layered on some VMA Dark Seagreen. I added GW Rakarth flesh to the Dark Seagreen for a couple of highlights with a final highlight of Rakarth Flesh. The yellow is GW Averland Sunset over which I layered Some GW Yriel Yellow. Battle damage was applied with a sponge using Dark Seagreen.

Stage 2 Base - 'Scenery Test'


1 comment: