Sunday 20 July 2014

Infinity - Aleph - WIP #1

So I finally got my hands on a decent new camera. Of course I took these photo's prior to getting it so it'll be another week until I see some improvements on the photo side, But that is by the by. This weeks update is all about Infinity.

Having been badgered remorselessly to pick some up by Maelstrom I finally acquiesced and picked up a starter set of Aleph along with a Nagas Sniper. I have had my eyes on the models for a while but always figured I had plenty to be getting on with.

I still have plenty to be getting on with but I finally caved like a weak willed addict.

Anyhow, I'm using these chaps to attempt to learn how to use Scale 75 paints (I now have several sets of these) and have discovered the following little titbits so far.

Scale 75 really only needs water to thin (but a fair bit of). This is because the paint is slightly translucent when thinned, and adding mediums seem to make them behave more like glazes, which makes them harder to work with.

It does take a few layers to get a good coat. I have actually found using GW Base paints as a basecoat actually helps, as it provides a good solid base colour to work over.

In the case of the Aleph below the grey areas are solely done with Scale 75 paints (although they do have a Nuln Oil wash) - it took quite a while to build up the layers but the colour is solid and has a very nice matt finish.

I've based these chaps on a resin set of the Sedition Wars bases from Studio McVey.


Nagas Hacker

Nagas Sniper

Nags Sniper

Group shot so far

1 comment:

  1. I hardly badgered I suggested it once or twice and the next thing you know you have ordered some ;) you have already got me back anyhow with that stormclaw stuff........

    They are looking really nice so far, told you that you would enjoy the challenge of painting them up

    ReplyDelete