Monday 19 August 2013

Troll Slayer Finished...

...and by finished I actually mean finished for the time being. I have found that if I get a model to a good all round state it's best to leave it for a while before re-visiting and touching up even further. Keeps it fresh and stops painting rot from setting in too much.

Got myself a light tent a few weeks back, though I found the lamps included to be of a pretty subpar quality, which was a bit disappointing. Today I got my hands on some more white light bulbs, printed off a nice gradient background (I'm old-school, no idea how to use Photoshop,) and voila, instant photo heaven! Or at least, something fair to semi-decent...

So the Troll Slayer made an ideal candidate for testing out the light tent, the results of which you see below. He'll get a run out in Warhammer Quest next time I meet up with Maelstrom and Rictus...




Coming up, some more WIP shots of the Phaedrus Chirgeon shown in my last post...


2 comments:

  1. An update?

    Of a finished model?

    Well. Indeed.

    Looking very good, though what happened to doing brighter bases for the characters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I say I'd do that... ?!? Hmm...

      Would add too much colour to the model I think in this instance. I do want to add more to the base though, which I'll do at a later date.

      Delete