Sunday 24 May 2015

Fantasy - Warrior Priest - Paint In Progress #2

More work on the Warrior Priest this week, and while I still have a few bits and bobs to finish on him I now feel suitable refreshed to crack on a bit more with the Shattered Legion guys.

(I often find taking a break from a model prior to doing the finer details helps me not to rush and ruin an otherwise perfectly reasonable paint job.)

Following on from last week a lot of the work was done to refine the details of the areas already painted and to finish off at least a first pass on those areas still needed to be done.

Candles and other details
The bone and candle areas were highlighted by mixing in Screaming Skull and white to Rakarth Flesh. Post highlight the bone areas were given a glaze of Agrax Earthshade; whilst the candles received a thinned glaze of Cassandora yellow. This was done in order to help distinguish the two areas from each other.

Face and Tome Details
Thinned Drakenhoff Nightshade was painted into the deeper recesses on the face to provide better definition. The book pages were shaded with Dark Reaper and the edges were picked out by mixing white into the Rakarth Flesh base colour.

Gold Hourglass
The Gold was painted with Scalecolour's Dwarven Gold with Speed Metal mixed in to provide highlights. At each stage a wash of Agrax Earthshade was used to help blend the highlighted layers together. A wash of Hawk Turquoise was also applied to add a bit of tone and depth.

Warrior Priest Front
Warrior Priest Back
From my point of view there is still quite a bit to do on this model. Some of the highlights aren't crisp enough for my liking, and the chainmail isn't yet up to a standard that I would like. Then there are some of the missing details that need to be filled in, such as the glass in the hourglass and script on the tome. These are all things that I'll add in when I revisit this model, which I anticipate being during the next lull in my Shattered Legion enthusiasm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment