Sunday 28 September 2014

Dark Eldar - Scheming #2

The lack of post last week was predominantly due to jetlag and losing most of the weekend to sleep which was rather annoying. But I am now back in the swing of things so lets see if I can't keep up the consistency again until Christmas!

I had been hoping to show off the completed Wolf Guard, but there is still a few more evenings worth of work to do on these guys, so instead I'll be showing off a potential new scheme for the Dark Eldar.

I've always wanted to do a red army, but could never find the right tone before. With purple being a marginally more common than red scheme for Dark Eldar and my not finding a colour tone I liked that didn't involve a hefty amount of mixing I thought I'd try out a red test piece to see what it came out like.




Paints used for the red are all Army Painter (or GW where stated):

Basecoat: Chaotic Red
Wash: Nuln Oil (GW)
Re-base: Chaotic Red
Edge #1: Dragon Red
Edge #2: Pure Red
Edge #3: Lava Orange
Glaze: Bloodletter (GW)

I'm rather pleased with the result, and with the release of the new Codex upcoming I might find myself knocking out a few more Dark Eldar models in this scheme.

0 comments:

Post a Comment