Sunday 15 December 2013

Eldar - Striking Scorpions WIP #1

As promised this weekend, here are the first of the Eldar models. I've always been a fan of Striking Scorpions so there was no way I was going to miss out on including a squad in the Eldar army (that and I had a box of them kicking around from a few years back).



Armour Painted Green - at this point I started to experiment with wet blending on the helmet and will attempt to improve and continue the technique on the hair  and any other larger areas of the models.



Test of a Yellow Faceplate - I'm not sure what colour to do the faceplates, and have been actively encouraged to do a yellow one (due to it being a more traditional choice of colour) so I've tried it out on one of the guys. At this stage I'm not convinced, but will need to see it on a more complete model before making a decision.



Paints used for armour - as I was doing a small squad I stuck with the older GW range. The dropper bottles contain glaze medium & water and the larger bottle at the back is matt medium. This was used in various quantities to allow me to airbrush the models green. The photo below shows the models after the airbrush stage - First airbrush was with Dark Angels Green, after which a coat of Snot Green was Airbrushed onto the models.

 
Following the airbrush coats the models were washed with a 1:1 mix of Abaddon Black & Dark Angels Green (with glaze & matt mediums added to help consistency & water added to thin.)
 
Highlights were three stage:
 
1) Snot Green
2) Snot Green 1:1 Scorpion Green
3) Scorpion Green
 
I had all three mixes on the go at once (I also had DA Green and the wash mix on the palette). I then worked each area until it was fully highlighted. In most cases this was simple edge highlighting but as mentioned the helmets were wet blended which makes for a much smoother transition.


0 comments:

Post a Comment