Sunday 5 January 2014

Striking Scorpions WIP #2


So after a short Christmas break it's back to the painting 'grindstone' as it were. As previously stated I've not had a lot of time to dedicated to painting over the last few weeks but I have managed to finish the blue and lay down the black base for the remaining colours. I also applied a Waywatcher Green glaze to the armour which has helped to enrich the colour a little bit.

The blue took a while to get right colour wise, although I am not overly happy with the quality of the paint job, so I may revisit it once I have finished the army.



Blue has been painted as follows:

Base: Abbadon Black 1:1 Kantor Blue
Wash: Drakenhof Nightshade
Layer: Regal Blue
Layer: Alaitoc Blue
Edge: Lothern Blue
Glaze: Guilliman Blue

I used the blue areas as another opportunity to practice wet blending on. The result is so-so in my opinion, and perhaps the area is too small to use the technique effectively, but I figure it teaches good brush control so is worth persevering with.

2 comments:

  1. Coming along nicely.

    Is there just the three of them or are there other members to the squad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are six in total, it's just easier to show three when taking a photo.

      I'll do a group shot of all six when they are finished.

      Delete