Monday 26 November 2012

First...


Having been 'politely' badgered to restart my blog (or in this case, start a blog - this thing has sat here empty for a year give or take) by Rictus and Maelstrom, I hereby announce this blog up and running!

I think it is also worth pointing out that the use of 'Occasional' in the title is in no way for artistic effect. As both the afformentioned people will attest, I have a tendancy for forgetting what a paint brush looks like for extended periods of time.

In the meantime, I've been steadily working on a commission piece - a Night Lord Chosen. Work In Progess shot below:




Lots still to do, re-edging the gold and armour panels, adding lightning effect, power claw detailing and a few other odds and sods.


All in all, at my speed, this should be done sometime circa 2031...

7 comments:

  1. I'm impressed you have actually listened to us and started up the blog :P

    Really taken with that Night lord, the head swap works really well. Come on go for a record and get him painted up by 2014 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't take credit for the head swap - my 'client' did the conversion - does work really well I agree.

    2014... Nah, I've been told I can take my time on this :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks reaaly nice though I would like the bone areas darker.
    What colour did you use for the edge highlight?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good looking start Nife. Maybe you should pop up a quizz like Rictus' rivet count on conversions. It'll need to be called "best before Nife date". I bid 2016 at the earliest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiour - thanks. I'm also not happy with the bone yet. I think it needs to be light for contrast, but in places it is still very flat.

    The edging on the blue? That is Fenrisian Grey.

    Gonzo - Haha! Yeah, might not be a bad idea. I'll be past my best before date by the time I finish anything anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice Night Lord. Good to see some more of your work; last time I popped onto the Ammobunker, your painting log hadn't been updated since last June!

    Cheers,

    Ludovic

    ReplyDelete