Sunday 26 January 2014

Eldar - Spiritseers WIP #1

Slightly out of sync with my planned post schedule alternating between Eldar and Dark Eldar, the next couple of weeks will be dedicated to the building of the Eldar for my meet up with Rictus and Maelstrom.

The last week has been spent finalising the building of the army, which I am pleased to say is now all but finished. All models are built, and some have even had a lick of paint on them in order to make it easier to finish them all off at a later date.

Todays post focuses on the HQ for the army.

---

For this army I needed two Spiritseers. I'm not a big fan of the finecast seer it has to be said, so I thought I'd do a little bit of basic conversion work. I picked up a finecast seer and the plastic Farseer to be the bases for the two Seers.

The plastic one simply had the finecast seer head added to it and a Wraithblade crest added to his back. Job done. (The head is on a long pin so it can be removed and the farseer head added to it depending on which model I need to fit in the army).

The finecast seer has had a bit more of an extensive job done on it. Firstly I cut off the staff and drilled out the right hand. The idea being that it looks like he is doing something psykerish. The staff has then been added to a Dark Eldar pike and attached to the right arm (having removed the hand clutching the gem in a "rock-on" grip). I'm toying with what to use for the head, either the bare Eldar one he has at the moment or maybe greenstuffing up a Dark Eldar Reaver head to match the original one that came with the model.




Next week I am at the meet up, but time allowing I will update with a post with some shots of the units I am using.

2 comments:

  1. Really don't like that bare head, I think you should give the GS helmet a go.

    Staff looks good though is it a bit wonky?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staff is rather wonky isn't it. I'll be sorting that out post meet up.

      Delete