Monday 28 January 2013

Fallen Angels

So we are well into the New Year and true to form I have managed very little. However tomorrow should bring the dawn of Sedition Wars (at least I hope it does, as with most things I would appear to have been amongst the last to ship out in the UK... Bah!) Slightly concerned by talk of issues with the card stock, but should have some idea by this time tomorrow :)

In the meantime I have managed to do a few odds and sods...

First up the final models for my 750pt Zone Mortalis force has been assembled and basecoated (the aim is to turn up to our next meeting with paint on all models) though I have 20pts to spare so maybe add something small in there. Hopefully there will be a Wolf based update in the near future. I have also started to convert some backpacks for the marines to show the weapons they are not carrying. Don't think I'll do this for all squad members, but a couple in each pack should be a good representation I should think.

I've started to assemble some of the Dreadball models as well, though this hasn't gotten very far as assembly tends to bore me quite quickly if I'm honest. That being said the game itself is fun and the product quality so far has proven to be excellent.

For this update however, I gained inspiration from the novel Fallen Angels (and from which I have shamelessly stolen the title for this entry). A rather enjoyable Christmas present that made me want to do a heresy era Dark Angel.

So digging out my head from the last update I spent a rather enjoyable evening putting paint to palette and made a little progress:



The armour is a mix of Grey, Green & Black just to give it a minor tint. The red is just about complete but the rest is really base coats with some highlights to the black.

All in all a quiet month but there should be more to follow soon...



1 comment:

  1. What, more than a face?

    What the hell is wrong with you?

    ReplyDelete